How to Target Facebook Ads Based on Email Address & Phone Number (Custom Audience)
Are you tired of a .03% click-through-rate on your Facebook ads? Then let’s just cut to the chase. Let’s integrate your Facebook ads with your existing player list. Let’s target your ad to a group of players who have engaged before, who have purchased before, and who you know are interested in your casino..
This article will examine targeting your Facebook Ad to an existing email or phone number list. I’ll dive into why it’s awesome, how it works, and how you’ll need to change your ads based on your new targeted audience.
- Did you know List-Targeting can increase E-Commerce ad conversion rates by 30-50%?
- You can lower your Facebook Ad cost-per-click with List-Targeting
- Skyrocket your engagement rates with Facebook Ad List-Targeting
I’m going to assume your casino already has an existing contact list of emails and phone numbers. I’m going to assume you’re already engaging in email marketing. If you aren’t, you should know that for every $1 spent, the average return on an email marketing investment is $44.25. If you are NOT using email marketing contact us immediately!
You provide House Edge with your list of emails or phone numbers stored in your CRM or player tracking system. As most Facebook users have a registered email address and phone number within the platform, Facebook can match the details you’ve provided to their user.
This list is compiled and those users are targeted specifically for your ad. Note that it can take up to 24 hours if Facebook is busy.
Why is List Targeting Awesome?
- Targeting your Facebook Ad to existing players allows you the most specific focus available.
- No longer are you targeting by age group, gender or specific interest and hoping you’re right. Now you’re targeting by name, literally. You’re targeting people who have already engaged with your property and encouraging them to do so again.
The numbers (thanks to TechCrunch.com):
- An ecommerce company who targeted their email list found a 43% conversion rate increase among sign-ups and a 30% decrease in cost-per-lead.
- OpenSky targeted members who had either never purchased or not purchased within 30 days. They saw a 30% conversion rate increase.
- SocialCode found that one campaign with a custom audience found a 15 percent lower cost per Facebook likes.
- Another got three times as many engagements/post as standard ads and received two times as many viral engagements such as Facebook likes, Shares and comments.
(3) Options of List-Targeting for Custom Audiences
- Importing your email lists
- Phone number list targeting
You should also have the option of targeting by phone number. Like emails, this information can be generated from a Facebook contest or from your own existing customer database. Our ads tool works with Facebook to automatically track down and target those Facebook users who correspond to the phone numbers you’ve provided. Cool, huh?
- Targeting a Lookalike Audience
A lookalike audience is exactly what it sounds like, an audience of users generated by Facebook that best-matches your imported contact list. Facebook examines demographic similarities like age segment, gender and location as well as precise interests and broad categories. An algorithm within Facebook matches those demographic details with existing Facebook users and finds the best possible match for your next ad.
How Does This Affect your Ad Creatives?
You’ve been designing Facebook ads to be massively appealing. They’re colorful, have great Calls-to-Action and great images. Don’t stop now.The only difference with targeting to an existing contact list is that you’re sure your audience is familiar with your brand (as they’ve engaged with you at least once before).
Remember though, if you’re targeting a lookalike audience it is, by definition, an audience likely unfamiliar with your brand.